Deering Black Diamond™ 5-String Banjo
For the modern banjoist, the Black Diamond breaks with tradition both in the distinctive appearance and in the unique tonal quality. The black mylar head creates a distinctive sounding modern banjo! The dark red mahogany contrasts against the black trim. It is also one of the loudest banjos, that really barks when you want it to.
The Black Diamond has been called elegant, progressive, modern, gorgeous, and sweet. Actually, they are all true. It has a slender mahogany neck that is shaped for easy, comfortable fingering, ideal for large and small hands. If you look closely at the naturally beautiful ebony fingerboard you will see the custom touch of our master luthier's hands in the engraved mother of pearl diamond inlays. The ebony peghead overlay also has a mother of pearl Deering banner and an elegant mother of pearl diamond cluster. Look along the side of the neck and the sides of the resonator and you'll see the delicate stripes of blond maple that artfully contrast to the black binding on the resonator and the dark edge of the ebony fingerboard. The black shiny head and these beautiful features give the Black Diamond a unique tone and progressive look that is both beautiful and irresistible.
The genuine Deering -06-bell bronze tone ring,violin grade three ply maple rim, and one piece cast zinc flange is the same that is used on all of our upper line banjos like the Calico, G.D.L., Ivanhoe etc.The beautiful highs and powerful well rounded bass is the result of the -06- tone ring. Its an excellent performing banjo and a hot looking banjo as well.
• Mahogany - Now Available in Maple
• Ebony Fingerboard
• Original Deering Engraved Inlays of White and Gold Italian Pearloid
• Slender Fast & Comfortable Neck Shape • 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
• Deering Planetary Banjo Tuners
• Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
• High Gloss Finish
• Deering 20 Hole -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
• Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
• Brass Notched Tension Hoop
• 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
• 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
• One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
• Slender Shaped Armrest
• True Tone Deering Tailpiece
• Nickel Plated Hardware
• Satin Finish
• Trimmed in White/Black/White
• Straight Sidewalls
• High Gloss Finish
With the standard Mahogany, the Black Diamon has a sweet singing professional quality tone. Easy to play with clarity and good note separation. With optional Maple, at no extra cost, the Black Diamond has a brighter and crisper professional quality.
• Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
• Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
• Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
• Overall Instrument Length 38″
• Weight Approx. 11 lbs.
Available Left Handed, Tenor, Plectrum
also in open back or Archtop
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case