Deering Clawgrass™ No. 2 Banjo
The Clawgrass™ No. 2 model is created when Mark Johnson approached Deering with one vision in mind - to offer the same solid foundation, quality, tone and playability of his original, but at a more affordable price point.
The new Deering Clawgrass No. 2 banjo has the same dynamic tone as the original Clawgrass. Using the same peghead and fingerboard inlay designs, rendered in man made materials, Deering has made this lovely banjo much more affordable for the average player.
The much sought after Clawgrass neck width (1.37") is still present on the Clawgrass No. 2, which also features standard nickel plating unlike its hand engraved, 24K gold plated sibling. The banjo gets its finishing touches from simpler yet equally as elegant binding on the neck, peghead, and rim.
Beauty and elegance doesn't always have to carry the price tag.
• An Elegant Neck Of Our Highest Grade English Walnut
• White Bound Peghead Featuring Pearloid "Clawgrass" Inlay
• High Grade Ebony Fingerboard With Intricate Pearloid Inlays
• Clawgrass Neck Shape
• Bone Nut
• Adjustable Truss Rod
• Ivoroid Binding
• 22 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
• Deering Planetary Tuners
• Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
• 5th String Spikes At Frets 7, 9, and 10
• Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Nickel Plated Tone Ring
• Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
• Rim Bound with Ivoroid
• 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
• 5/8" Deering Bridge
• 24 Round Hooks and 5/16″ Hex Nuts
With the exceptionally brilliant tone, quality and playability it's more than just a show piece, it's a banjo player's dream come true.
• Neck Width At the Nut 1 1/3″
• Scale Length Nut To Bridge 26 1/4″
• Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
• Weight Approx. 9 lbs
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case